But we did get our fence in. And I wrote some awesome posts this week that could use some love -- not to mention your comments and thoughts:
- An economic stimulus idea that might actually stimulate the economy: Barack Obama proposes that we fix our infrastructure, creating jobs and improving quality of life right here in the good 'ol U.S.A.
- President Bush eliminates the executive ban on offshore drilling. Bottom line: Offshore drilling wouldn't help in the short run anyway, and it would divert funds from projects that could make a more viable long term difference in our energy situation. Of course, Congress has to lift its ban for anything to happen.
- You just bought a car. Let the real costs of buying a car start to pile up.
- What happens to your money when a bank like IndyMac fails? If you have less than $100,000 in an account, nothing happens to your mine. It's fine.
- What sort of stock market hijinks have we been treated to this week? Plenty. At least four.
bank fails, offshore drilling