Yielding Wealth looks at how the Treasury came up with the number $700 billion (it's scary, I promise!), my issues with President Bush's Wednesday night speech, Henry Paulson's power grab, and a rundown of links to places that address the bailout.
Personal Finance Corner offers two different opinions on the bailout: One looking at why the bailout might be necessary, and one examining that a depression may be just what the doctor ordered.
LoanShak and WorkShak didn't see much action on this one, but both have some postings: Questions many are asking about the bailout, and President Bush's less-than-inspiring speech on Wednesday, as well as a look at business credit in this climate.
Banks.com Mortgage blog and the Investing blog also saw a lot of bailout goodness:
- Is now the time to buy a home?
- Mortgage rates and the bailout.
- Should homeowners be included in the bailout?
- Bailout delay brings down stock market.
- It's a stock market roller coaster ride, determined by the status of the bailout.
- Statement shock will happen when you look at your retirement account.
- Buybacks become popular on Wall Street.