The government isn't helping things with its recent focus on boosting consumer spending. I've ranted about the new TARP program all week, and now you get a taste of my outrage over the whole thing:
- All Business Personal Finance Corner and how you shouldn't fall into the trap of increased debt just because the government tells you it's for the good of the economy.
- At Yielding Wealth, I complain about how the government wants to increase the amount of debt we have in this country.
- LoanShak has a list of the types of consumer loans that TARP is now encouraging.
- The Banks.com mortgage blog has a nod to how the government is hoping that TARP can also lower mortgage rates.
- Both the Banks.com investing blog and the Inner8 blog point out that the TARP plan to encourage consumer spending based on debt will likely affect the stock market.